By Hsien Naidu
Having a good branding increases the value of a company, provides employees with direction and motivation, and makes acquiring new customers easier.
A brand represents the sum of people’s perception of a company’s product, promise, customer service, reputation, marketing, and logo. When all of these parts of the business are working well, the it forms the brand’s overall Brand DNA.
What are some of the benefits of investing time, energy and financial resources behind getting your Brand right?
- Branding Tells People Who you are and what you stand for – People like doing business with companies they identify with. A strong brand lets the customer know what they can expect from a company’s product or service. A good brand connects with people at an emotional level, they feel good when they buy the brand. Purchasing is an emotional experience and having a strong brand helps people feel good at an emotional level when they engage with the company
- Branding improves Recognition and helps a company differentiate itself from the crowd – A well designed logo or brand mark represents the “face” of a company, logo design is critical because that simple graphic will be on every piece of correspondence and advertising. A professional logo design is simple enough to be memorable, but powerful enough to give the desired impression of your company.
- Branding Builds Trust and Confidence – A professional and easily distinguished appearance builds credibility and trust. People are more likely to purchase from a business that they can connect with.
- Branding Builds Financial Value – A strong brand can be worth more than the sum of its physical assets. Companies who publicly trade on a stock exchange are valued at many times the actual hard assets of the company. Much of this value is due to the branding of the company. A strong brand usually guarantees future business.
- Branding builds a strong sense of identity – a brand with a strong sense of purpose and a clear message inspires both customers and employees alike. Many employees need more than just work— they need something to work toward and need to know the WHY they do what they do. When employees understand your mission and reason for being, they are more likely to feel that same pride and work in the same direction to achieve the goals you have set.
The best branding is built on a strong idea… an idea that you and your team can believe in and can commit to, and work to deliver the brand promise consistently.